Le Nougat

Le Nougat (ヌガ)

⭐⭐⭐

🇫🇷 French Bistro / 📍 Ginza

📓 Visits: 1 (2023)

Dinner and a la carte only on weekdays.  Menus available in English and available to preview on their website.  On weekends and holidays they have a prix fixe lunch.  Unfortunately English does not extend to that menu on their website but if you visit it will to their printed version, which I've reproduced below.  I went for the prix fixe lunch.

The soup of the day (+500 yen) was onion gratin soup which didn't appeal to me so I went for Menu C as a net difference of 700 yen for the extra fish course sounded like a bargain.

First a serviceable gougere.

For starter I chose pate en croute.  No complaints.

Bread is made in the kitchen and staff ask if you want more.  It was a bit soft and sweet for me so I didn't.

Fish of the day ended up being isaki in a negi beurre blanc.  Two perfectly cooked fillets.  This was indeed a bargain at 700 yen extra over the soup or 1200 yen extra over Menu B.

For main I chose cassoulet.  There are many variations on cassoulet.  There was plenty of fatty pork belly, good sausage and some generic poultry.  It was very tomato-y.

For dessert I chose rum baba.  Although a bit small it was excellent.  The ice-cream was smooth and rich and the sponge very light.  You're given a bottle of (strong) rum to pour on as much as you like, which is a nice touch.  It would be hard not to order this again.

To finish, coffee which had a weird taste like maybe it was stewed or maybe due to the creamer.  It was served with dark chocolate flavoured with fruit which was unpleasant.

Service is good and the meal ran at fast pace, which is perfect for me.  The location is convenient so I would go back for lunch or dinner if I was in Ginza and out of other options, but it's not worth a special trip.

❓ My Rating: ⭐⭐⭐ 3.85
📱 Booking: 🟩 I booked by phone the same day for a late lunch but still had to wait 5 mins outside while they turned tables.  If you're not eating alone, can plan a bit more in advance and can read Japanese you can save a bit of money by booking through Ikyu.
📍 Location: 
6-12-2 Ginza.  Back side of the block behind Ginza Six.  3 mins south-west from Higashi Ginza station A1 Exit.
Map data ©2023 Google

📅 Visit December 2023

🕛 Lunch Menu C 5,000
🛎️ Service charge: ∅
💧 Water charge: ∅

💴 Damage: 7,128 (5000 + 1 drink @ 1,480 + 10%)
⏱️ Time taken: 1h15m

Comments