Yummy Duck

Yummy Duck (ヤミーダック)

⭐⭐⭐

🇭🇰 Cantonese / 📍 Komagome

📓 Visits: 1 (2023)

Whenever I go to another country I ask my friends to take me to the dirtiest local restaurant they know of, because that's where you get the best food.  Well now you don't even need to leave Tokyo for that, well at least the first part.  The first Japan franchise of Australia's (two stores) Yummy Duck BBQ opened in Tokyo earlier this year.

The first thing you notice is the pile of dirty trays on the floor.

Sit down and if you're rewarded a view of the back kitchen you'll see the filthy kitchen bin and floor.

Napkin holders hold folded tissues rather than actual paper napkins, which is a first for me.

I think they do more take-out here than eat-in.  The restaurant seats just nine at four tables but fortunately on my peak-time weekday lunch visit I didn't have to wait to sit down.

You order at a touchscreen which, unfortunately, is in Japanese and Chinese only.  I ordered the three meat rice priced at JPY 1,380.  You can add egg, pickles and soup to this for another 300 yen but we're here for the meat aren't we?  I chose the char siu, roast duck (+100 yen) and crispy pork (+100 yen).

The duck was too salty while the char siu was too sweet and too fatty for me.  The crispy pork was the best: excellent flavour, delicious crispy crackling, a little dry but that's forgivable.  Unfortunately the rice was Japanese and that's a deal-breaker for Chinese food for me.  In case you're not familiar with this style of restaurant the meat is served at kitchen resting temperature, i.e. not hot.

You do get a lot of meat for your cash and if you live close by you'd probably be quite happy to be able to pick up take-out meat only from here but I wouldn't make a special trip for it.  I thought about taking another portion home but I'd eaten enough salt, sugar and fat.

📌 https://tabelog.com/tokyo/A1323/A132301/13287921/

❓ My Rating: ⭐⭐⭐ 3.0

📱 Booking: No bookings.

📍 Location: 

1-38-3 Komagome.  Just in front of Komagome station Exit 3 (Metro) or South (JR).
Map data ©2023 Google

📅 Visit December 2023

3-meat with rice 1,380
Duck +100
Crispy pork +100

💴 Damage: 1,580
⏱️ Time taken: 25m

Comments

  1. I live in Sydney and didn't even know about this place. That tells you all you needed to know haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I was wondering what was taking so long with your recommendation 😉

      Delete

Post a Comment